NASCAR in Las Vegas
February 20, 2013
The stars of NASCAR return to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway March 8-10. The North Shore Inn at Lake Mead hotel is the place to stay to avoid the Las Vegas Traffic after each event.
There will be three days of qualifying, practice and two big races featuring the sport’s biggest stars.
There are several ticket pricing levels ranging from full weekend passes to individual event tickets.
Friday, March 8: Stratosphere Pole Day - $25 for adults, $16 for children 6-15, $74 for qualifying plus neon garage pass.
Saturday, March 9: NASCAR Nationwide Series Sam's Town 300 - $30, $31, $41, $45, $46, $54, $69
Sunday, March 10: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt Tools 400 - $49, $69
Full weekend packages include admission to all three events and range from $99-$245. There are also several high end clubhouse and suite packages available.
For information on tickets go to www.ticketmaster.com, www.lvms.com or call 1-800-644-4444.
A few tips:
• Las Vegas Motor Speedway is about 1 hour away from The North Shore Inn at Lake Mead hotel and avoids the traffic going in to Las Vegas.
• Shade is in high demand at most race tracks, (and this one is in Vegas) therefore hats, sunglasses and sunscreen will be your best friends.
• Take advantage of qualifying and practice garage passes, as that is the best time to try and see your favorite drivers.
• Following your favorite drivers and teams on Twitter is a great way to find out what they're up to once they roll into town.
• Though race events start March 8, there will be several charity events and public appearances around town beginning Wednesday, March 6. Check the schedule at www.lvms.com